The Dangerous Women anthology is a collection
of 21 stories that feature strong heroines. It contains the following stories:
- Introduction by Gardner Dozois
- Some Desperado by Joe Abercrombie - A Red Country story
- My Heart is Either Broken by Megan Abbott
- Noras Song by Cecelia Holland
- The Hands That Are Not There by Melinda Snodgrass
- Bombshells by Jim Butcher - A Harry Dresden story Set in the Dresden
universe, the story takes place a few months after Harry Dresden's death and is told from
Mollys POV. Harry's brother, Thomas Raith, has been abducted by the Fomor, who have
been making a move on post-Dresden Chicago. And Molly, together with vampire aide Justine
and werewolf Andi, sets off to rescue the vampire in distress!
- Raisa Stepanova by Carrie Vaughn Raisa is a Russian female pilot during WWII
who is trying to become one of the first woman aces, pilots who have 5 confirmed kills, in
the world. At first just for her then in order to prove she is not a traitor after her
brother goes MIA and is considered a traitor which would stop her family from receiving
the meagre rations that the government handed out during the war.
- Wrestling Jesus by Joe R. Lansdale
- Neighbors by Megan Lindholm
- I Know How to Pick Em by Lawrence Block
- Shadows For Silence in the Forests of Hell by Brandon Sanderson
- A Queen in Exile by Sharon Kay Penman
- The Girl in the Mirror by Lev Grossman - A Magicians story
- Second Arabesque, Very Slowly by Nancy Kress
- City Lazarus by Diana Rowland
- Virgins by Diana Gabaldon - An Outlander story - Jamie and Ian as young men in
France, before Cross-stitch, making a living outside of the Highlands. It shows a lot of
the lessons that made Jamie the man he is.
- Hell Hath No Fury by Sherilynn Kenyon -
- Pronouncing Doom by S.M. Stirling - An Emberverse story
- Name the Beast by Sam Sykes
- Caretakers by Pat Cadigan
- Lies My Mother Told Me by Caroline Spector - A Wild Cards story
- The Princess and the Queen by George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire story
This is a history of the first Dance with Dragons, fierce war between two
Targaryens over the Iron Throne. It begins with the death of King Viserys I Targaryen. The
chain of events that take place after his death sparks a war within the Targaryen families
over who will sit on the throne.
This is a very heavy book to lift and hold but as theyre short
stories you can put it down for a break after each story. I have only read a few by
favoured authors so far but have found a few others that look intriguing. The Princess and
the Queen is noteworthy for being the only story in TSOFAI series without a body count.
Really. Go read it if you doubt me.